Well. there was a lovely surprise awaiting me when I logged in this morning. Mr. V – the immensely talented photographer and blogger, Stephen Ventura, has nominated this blog for the ‘blog of the Year 2012′ award. The great unexpected joy of this blogging thing is the people you meet on the way, and, contrary to what one can find in other areas of the Internet, their sheer niceness. I love Mr. V’s photographs, and they give great pleasure to many of us, and so it is a great honour that he thinks this blog is worthy of nomination.
As ever, there are some conditions one has to fulfil as a condition of the award, and so here they are:
1. You have to select another blog or blogs to be ‘Blog of the Year’. This would be a very hard one, were it not for the fact that my dear friend ‘Servus Fidelis’ has a policy of not accepting award: well he gives the rest of us a chance. My first choice is the marvellous blog of my dearest friend ‘Neo’, Nebraskaenergyobeserver.
As you can nominate more than one blog, I’d also like to nominate two more:
2. You have to say why you have nominated them.
Well, Neo’s unique mixture of history, politics, religion and sound American common sense, all grounded in a firm faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ, brings much joy to many of us, and he also runs a marvellous Saturday feature of popular songs from the past few decades, all with his unique twist.
The Lonely Pilgrim is by the marvellous Joseph Richardson, who traces his own journey into the Catholic Church with insight and instruction; if you have not caught up with him, do; his blog is wonderful
Catholic Cravings is by the utterly wonderful Laura, who calls herself a ‘baby Catholic’ and ’a desperate Romantic, a crazy Royalist/Socialist, a delusional Medievalist and a bit of goody-two-shoes’ - what’s not to love? She always makes me feel better, and she’ll do the same for you if you don’t know her yet
3. You should also give an acknowledgement back to http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/, which is the page for the ‘Blog of the Year Award’.
4. I have to let those nominated know – which I shall as soon as I post this.
5. Is not possible for me. You are supposed to join a Facebook Group, but since an appalling incident with my Facebook page, I have to stay away from that Forum.
6 As a winner of the award — please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award which is here — and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes — that’s right — there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once — this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ’1 star’ award — and every time you are given the award by another blog — you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
So, there we are – and I am very grateful to you, Mr. V – both for what you write and post, and for your support to us here – a Big Thank you.